The archaeological excavations carried out on the platform of the castle and in the plots immediately to the West revealed the remains of the 13th century stronghold: a curtain wall, a gate with two towers and buildings attached to the surrounding wall. The plan of the works carried out by the Duke of Orleans between 1398 and 1407 was moreover clearly identifiable at basement and ground floor levels. The elements discovered, notably a carved bracket, bear witness to the high quality of the programme undertaken by Louis d’Orléans, and its links with the Duke’s other building works. Traduction : Margaret & Jean-Louis CADOUX